- Escalating prices due to fees and lack of right-sizing opportunities.
- Lack of recycling and diversion.
- Varying service levels at each location.
- Put all locations out to bid to our independent haulers and eliminate fuel and environmental fees to yield a 14% savings.
- Institute corrugated cardboard recycling at all location and implemented single stream recycling at all locations as feasible.
- Use metric analytics to develop standardized services based on food and beverage category sales.
- Provided an overall cost savings while improving customer service, reporting and visibility in their program.
- Improved their sustainability position by increasing diversion.
- Created a baseline to measure costs on a monthly basis.